Grid gallery walls are all the rage right now! I had the perfect spot in our house so I jumped on that bandwagon and I am so glad I did!
If you have the perfect wall in your house and you have been dragging your feet to get the pictures printed and pick out the frames, I am here telling you to DO IT!! It is my favorite wall in my house! I too was dragging my feet and thought about it for months before finally getting it done!
I chose a 3×3 grid for our wall. This wall is right passed our entry and across from the stairs to go up. Our house is pretty open so you can see it from upstairs and downstairs! My favorite thing though is that I can see it when I’m laying in my bed! (We have a main floor master.)
I chose 11X14 gold frames from target and had the photos printed in black and white. I had them printed at mpix.com and they turned out great! Here is a link to the frames I used from target. https://www.target.com/p/metal-frame-brass-matted-photo-project-62-153/-/A-52850560?preselect=17318281#lnk=sametab
Steps to Simple Hanging
- Lay all your frames on the floor first in your grid
- Determine how much space you want between frames
- Measure the height and length it will take up on your wall (this will help determine where on the wall you will place the grid)
- Turn all the frames over so you can see where the hanging bracket is.
- Use painters tape at exactly the length going across and put it at the top of the frames where the brackets are.
- Mark your painters tape with a dot right were the hanging bracket is.
- Move your painters tape to the wall making sure it is straight with a level.
- Use your markings that you placed on the tape to put your nails into the wall. **I apologize for the poor quality photos. These were taken quickly on my iPhone while hanging!! **
I hope these steps help you to hang the best gallery wall in your home!! If you decide to hang one, please let me know! I would love to see it!
Now for the after pics of my fav wall in our home!! So go get your prints printed and hang your gallery wall! 😉